cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aboodhamwi95
Frequent Visitor

Binding PCF Field to a Floating Point

Hi,

I'm trying to create a PCF control, and I have a field from type Floating Point Number, I set the type of my field as FP, but that field (address1_longitude) is not showing in the options to bind it, any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
a33ik
MVP

15 REPLIES 15
ben-thompson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

From memory address fields are not accessible by PCF components due to the way address fields work in the background .

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Aboodhamwi95 ,

You could vote the Idea: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Enable-binding-to-OOB-Address-Fields/idi-p/3023...

There is also a workarround to it. It might work in some cases.

Best regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
a33ik
MVP

Hi @a33ik ,

Thanks for this solution, I update the form XML as requested, but the attribute is not being bonded in the code, this is my XML

<Latitude type="FP">address1_latitude</Latitude>
<Longitude type="FP">address1_longitude</Longitude>

image.png

you can notice that the attributes object is empty

Have you placed attributes on the form if you have not - put attributes to the form and make them hidden.

I tried that but It didn't work

Can you please post your Manifest File and piece of customizations.xml where you configure your control - I mean full control - not only longitude/latitude chunk?

Hi @a33ik ,

This is the control manifest

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<manifest>
  <control namespace="hamwi" constructor="GoogleMapLocation" version="0.0.13" display-name-key="GoogleMapLocation" description-key="GoogleMapLocation description" control-type="standard">
    <type-group name="numbers">
      <type>Whole.None</type>
      <type>Currency</type>
      <type>FP</type>
      <type>Decimal</type>
    </type-group>
    <property name="Field" display-name-key="Field Name" description-key="The name of field value" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="bound" required="true" />
    <property name="Latitude" display-name-key="Latitude Field" description-key="The latitude value" of-type-group="numbers" usage="input" required="true" />
    <property name="Longitude" display-name-key="Longitude Field" description-key="The longitude value" of-type-group="numbers" usage="input" required="true" />
    <property name="GoogleAPIKey" display-name-key="Google Map API Key" description-key="The Key for Google Map API" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" required="true" />
    <property name="ButtonColor" display-name-key="Button Color" description-key="The color of the button for saving" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" required="false" />
    <resources>
      <code path="index.ts" order="1" />
      <css path="css/MapHandler.css" order="1" />
    </resources>
    <feature-usage>
      <uses-feature name="Device.getCurrentPosition" required="true" />
    </feature-usage>
  </control>
</manifest>

this is the form XML

<controlDescription forControl="{a33744be-9e66-d04c-9d14-318eb0679c35}">
      <customControl id="{4273EDBD-AC1D-40D3-9FB2-095C621B552D}">
        <parameters>
          <datafieldname>msdyn_externalaccountid</datafieldname>
        </parameters>
      </customControl>
      <customControl name="ha_hamwi.GoogleMapLocation" formFactor="0">
        <parameters>
          <Field>msdyn_externalaccountid</Field>
          <GoogleAPIKey static="true" type="SingleLine.Text">asdasd</GoogleAPIKey>
          <msinternal.isvisibleinmocaonly static="true">true</msinternal.isvisibleinmocaonly>
        </parameters>
      </customControl>
      <customControl name="ha_hamwi.GoogleMapLocation" formFactor="1">
        <parameters>
          <msinternal.isvisibleinmocaonly static="true">true</msinternal.isvisibleinmocaonly>
        </parameters>
      </customControl>
      <customControl name="ha_hamwi.GoogleMapLocation" formFactor="2">
        <parameters>
        </parameters>
      </customControl>
    </controlDescription>

Hello,

That looks good for me. What is the type of msdyn_externalaccountid field? Also what's the type of the form you want to use your control on?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,588)