cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Re: Binding to address fields on contact/account

May be I am late here but what we ended up is using the solution from this link : 

https://www.magnetismsolutions.com/blog/jaredjohnson/2019/07/04/binding-to-address-fields-in-a-pcf-c...

Bind your address fields on the form as single line text and then open XRM toolbox and update them using the link mentioned above.

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Manish, I already used the same to resolve binding issue.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The approach that worked for me was to use the Chrome F12 html editor to edit the options in the listbox that shows the available bound fields. I changed an html option to "address1_line1", for example, and was able to select and save it. No errors and it worked fine. Had to repeat the html hack for all of the address fields.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

For anyone still awaiting an official solution to this issue I have what I believe is a more elegant solution to those mentioned to date via the use of custom events. See my blog post for full details... http://www.oliverflint.co.uk/2020/06/06/PCF-and-Form-Communication/#

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Oliver,

I believe the issue has been fixed and you can attach PCF components to address fields.

The only issue that is remaining seems to relate to address_line2 and address_line3 due to an oversight.
---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi Ben, I was aware of the "partial" fix. However, given it's not actually fixed.... I shared this solution as an example of the use of events to enable forms and pcf's to communicate without the need for extra bound fields, onchange events, prop updates and notifyoutputchanged spaghetti code. Something about having to create fields solely for the purpose of communicating with a PCF goes against most design principles. As soon as I spot that the fix works 100% I'll be updating my Address Lookup control (not holding my breath given it's taken a year+ to get to this point!)

Thanks for pointing this out though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,911)