cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Bug? PCF inside High Density Form Header not displayed

When a PCF component is placed on a High Density Header, the control is not rendered. The "init" and the "updateView" methods are not called. This happens only when the user opens the Flyout to edit the header: then the component is rendered.

There is also no text displayed instead of the PCF component. The text is only rendered with OOB components.

PCFBug1_1.pngPCFBug1_2.png

The PCF is displayed only with Low Density Header.

Is there a documented limitation that I am not aware of? Is my organisation not on the latest update? Is it a bug?

Best regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DianaBirkelbach ,

Yeah, you are right. Currently, the Custom Component control is not supported within High-density header of Entity Form. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/form-designer-header-properties#h...

Currently, the custom component is supported within Low-density header of Entity form. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DianaBirkelbach ,

Yeah, you are right. Currently, the Custom Component control is not supported within High-density header of Entity Form. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/form-designer-header-properties#h...

Currently, the custom component is supported within Low-density header of Entity form. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Jerryn
Regular Visitor

Hi @DianaBirkelbach ,

I have faced same issue, did you get any alternative solution for this?

DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jerryn , 

I've asked myself this too. I don't know any solution for this.

With the deprecation of low-density header in wave 2, 2021, we don't have a workaround to show the PCF in the header anymore.

We place the PCF in the header, because it should be visible right away and stay in focus. Having the PCF shown only in the flyout is probably worse that having the PCF inside the form body. It my opinion, it basicaly means that, it doesn't make much sense to use PCF in headers. 

I suppose the CustomPages could help in this direction, but we'll have to wait and see.

@HemantG : Maybe you can guide us?

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,570)