cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
remyblokPW
Regular Visitor

Bugs in pcf-scripts node package

Hello! I'm building components for Canvas apps which is great feature! Though, I have to do small fixes to the pcf-scripts node package. I don't see any other way to report bugs on this, nor is it opensource, so no pull-request. I'm using the latest version 1.2.6 of the package.

I have two components that compile into the same solution. Which works OK. But there are two issues that I'm running into.

First, you can only debug one component, and it is the 'first'. I want to debug them all at the same time. I've changed 'startTask.js' so that it starts a server for all components. This works great, maybe when more components are added it needs to be smarter, but for a few its a good solution. I've added the updated file as attachment. Change have been done from file 30 onward.

Secondly, and more importantly, when using two components, the ManifestTypes.d.ts-files are generated incorrectly. The first component is genearted OK, but the second component also has all properties of the first generated out etc. This is an issue in 'manifestTypesTask.js' where the ManifestTypesGenerator is instantiated in the constructor. But for each call to 'generateManifestTypes()' it should create a new instance of ManifestTypesGenerator. Updated file is attached again.

I hope this is helpful and that the issues can be fixed in a subsequent release! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
PowerMaverick Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Bugs in pcf-scripts node package

If I understood you correctly, you added two components in one .pcfproj. And to achieve that you made some modifications to pcf-scripts. Well currently it is not supported and you can post the idea here -> https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,120)