cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gatwick
Resolver I
Resolver I

CDSWebApiService Microsoft Power Platform CDS examples. Two break in the same place. Why?

I have loaded the 'Query Data' and 'Basic Operations' solution templates. Both break in the same place for the same reason.

PowerApps.Samples.CDIWebApiService.PostCreateAsync(string,object)

Both compile clean 

I have tried everything I know but don't know where to turn. 

Sourced from PowerApps-Samples-master\PowerApps-Samples-master\cds\webapi\C# 

Any suggestions would be very very welcome.

Thanks, Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajyraman
MVP

@Gatwick- It looks like there is a plugin on the entity that you are trying to create and that plugin has profiling enabled. Can you turn off profiling for that plugin and see if that fixes it?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rajyraman
MVP

@Gatwick- It looks like there is a plugin on the entity that you are trying to create and that plugin has profiling enabled. Can you turn off profiling for that plugin and see if that fixes it?

View solution in original post

Hi Rajyraman, great call! 

On the Query data template the first entity was Account. There wasn't a profile active but I went into the registration  tool and tried to uninstall, which failed. Anyway after Query Data ran just fine, as attached, happy days.

On the 'BasicOperations' which did have an active profile on Contact, which I disabled that step, again that has started running so good news. First break was the template has US data format, which breaks in the UK. The second problem is an invalid 'competitor' which shouldn't happen on an MS template but not obvious to me yet so still broken, unless you have clue? As attached. many thanks for taking the time to look and help. Cheers, Richard

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,270)