cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBDTAD
Regular Visitor

Cannot build sample components

As suggested here I open this issue here. Please refer to the OP, I don't want to repost everything.

tl;dr: cannot build sample iframe component, pcf-scripts not found

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply.

I finally figured it out. While node_modules/.bin was populated all the scripts inside it were empty (for whatever reason). Deleting and npm i again didn't recreate .bin but a complete wipe of node_muldes and reinstall did it. I was then able to follow the last steps to create the zip.

Thanks yall!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Roshan_Gautam
Frequent Visitor

This usually happens if you are missing npm dependencies (pcf-scripts is one of them). Make sure you npm install went through fine and you have all dependencies installed inside node_modules folder insider your control pcf project.

Michaelfp
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi! Are using the latest version of Power Apps Cli?

Another thing, you wrote about the pac path. Can you provide for us the command line that are you executing to create the solution component?

Hi and thanks for your responses.

Deps are up to date and so is (was) the CLI the last time I tried. Please refer to the linked issue on GH.

Steps are the ones from the tutorial.

@RBDTAD- First run the build on TS_IFrameControl and confirm that the project actually builds.

image.png

Next confirm the cdsproj (used by MSBuild) has reference to your pcfproj.

image.png

Next, open the TS_IFrameControl.pcfproj and update the version to 1.* from 0.*.

image.png

Once you do that you should be able to build your assembly with "msbuild /restore".

image.png

Thanks for the quick reply.

I finally figured it out. While node_modules/.bin was populated all the scripts inside it were empty (for whatever reason). Deleting and npm i again didn't recreate .bin but a complete wipe of node_muldes and reinstall did it. I was then able to follow the last steps to create the zip.

Thanks yall!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,884)