cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navneet_singh
Frequent Visitor

Changing the version of the Manifest file to update recent chnages in the solution

I have a PCF Component whose version is "1.0.0". I imported the solution in my tenant. If I want to make modifications to my component, without having to import the solution again, how is it possible? I tried to change the version of the manifest file and tried, but the solution wasn't getting updated. Does anybody have a solution to this?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<manifest>
  <control namespace="pcfcontrol" constructor="CustomLabelControlv1" version="2.0.0" display-name-key="CustomLabelControl " description-key="CustomLabelControl description" control-type="standard">
    <type-group name = "Strings">
      <type>SingleLine.Text</type>
      <type>SingleLine.URL</type>
      <type>SingleLine.TextArea</type>
      <type>Multiple</type>

</type-group>
    <property name="sampleProperty" display-name-key="InternalName_Display_Key" description-key="InternalName_Desc_Key" of-type-group="Strings" usage="bound" required="true" />
    <property name="fieldName" display-name-key="fieldName" description-key="Name of the field" of-type-group="Strings" usage="input" required="true"/>
    <feature-usage>
      <uses-feature name = "WebAPI" required = "true"/>
    </feature-usage>
    <resources>
      <code path="index.ts" order="1"/>
      <css path = "css/LabelCSS.css" order ="1"/>
    </resources>
  </control>
</manifest>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JMu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Check out the current instructed method for deploying PCF controls using command line command "pac pcf push".

Updating version in Manifest file not required.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/import-custom-controls#depl...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JMu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Check out the current instructed method for deploying PCF controls using command line command "pac pcf push".

Updating version in Manifest file not required.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/import-custom-controls#depl...

View solution in original post

jopursle
Power Apps
Power Apps

If you want to update version, you can increment the minor and/or patch version values but not the major version value.  Currently, there is an explicit check to make sure the major version value is the same as the initially imported manifest value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (59,057)