cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_TrD_
Frequent Visitor

Code Component for SharePoint Associated Grid (similar to MscrmControls.SharepointAssociatedGrid.SharepointControl)

Hi

I was wondering: does any of you know

• if it is possible to reuse the OOTB SharePoint grid component used in Model Driven apps to navigate SharePoint documents (MscrmControls.SharepointAssociatedGrid.SharepointControl) - I guess not, as it is a managed component?
  • if there are any code components available that let you mimic the functionality and user experience of the OOTB SharePoint Associated Grid? Some kind of file explorer component?

Purpose: built a custom page in a model driven app in which users need to select one or more documents form a SharePoint folder. I got the SharePoint navigation already working with a canvas component, but look and feel (and especially resizing of columns) is not aligned with model driven app look 'n feel...

Thanks for your feedback! 

1 REPLY 1
cchannon
Super User
Super User

I don't know of any pre-packaged answers to this, but there is a reason for that:

In order for your PCF to pull content from SharePoint's API the way the OOB MSFT control does, it will need to use MSAL to get the current user's token silently. This requires an App Id, a Tenant Id, and an App Secret or Certificate.  At least the Secret is then stored in a Key Vault and accessed through environment variables.

MSFT shortcuts this by using their own fancy first-party app registration in the background that doesn't need to ask for permission. Of course, You can absolutely build a control that accomplishes the same goal, but you would need to take all those setup steps yourself manually. That isn't difficult when you know what you're doing, but it is something people are unlikely to build and put out on the PCF Gallery because it wouldn't work without all that setup and no one wants to deal with 300 GitHub issues from people who just don't know how to set up AD. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,857)