cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheldoncopper73
Resolver I
Resolver I

Connection Name field not getting added using Add Column method in PCF dataset control

Hi, @HemantG @AnqiChen 

I am developing a PCF dataset control. Using which I showcase my connection entity records.

Now I have used the add column method to include the primary field i.e. Connection Name (whose logical name is name) in the dataset.

However I am noticing that after adding the column and refreshing the dataset programmatically the name gets added in the list of columns cause when you run the command context.parameters.sampleDataSet.columns you will see name in the column list.

But this column doesn’t seems to be included in the records attribute list. So now if we do run the command context.parameters.sampleDataSet.records, in the list of attributes of the records the name doesn’t exists and the below code thus returns null

context.parameters.sampleDataSet.records["0f20f435-672d-eb11-bf68-000d3af01f8c"].getFormattedValue("name");

Surprisingly this worked till the 4th of December 2020. We started seeing the issue from today i.e. 7th December 2020.

Any help or suggestion is  highly appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
sheldoncopper73
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Any help or suggestion regarding the above ?

skoofy5
Advocate II
Advocate II

I couldn't view your attachments. Can you upload them again?

You're not getting any error messages?

skoofy5_0-1607405640797.png

fayu
Power Apps
Power Apps

Would you please share your version number? We had a recent change in addColumn api, which should automatically add primary column to the view. In fact, it should work even without explicitly calling addColumn.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (68,925)