Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Control directory with same publisher name already exists

Hi

I have recently moved PCF project from one system to another,  after doing so i have run  PAC install update and other configuration on the machine. i have also ran msbuild /t:restore, However, When I do msbuild i am getting following error: 

error : Control directory with publisher name C:\PowerApps\GLMS\Name\DeploymentV1_1\obj\Debug\Controls\Control.name already exists [cdsProject Path]

also, If i delete files from obj/debug folder solution builds properly. but once first bulid is done. second time onwards it thorws above error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Control directory with same publisher name already exists

Hi

This is a known bug that is getting fixed in an upcoming release with a workaround of using ("msbuild /t:rebuild ") instead of "msbuild". Can you please try using rebuild instead of build command to workaround the issue temporarily.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Control directory with same publisher name already exists

Hi

This is a known bug that is getting fixed in an upcoming release with a workaround of using ("msbuild /t:rebuild ") instead of "msbuild". Can you please try using rebuild instead of build command to workaround the issue temporarily.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,078)