cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin-S
Advocate I
Advocate I

Custom Connector access for app in a Solution

How do you give access rights for users to use the custom connector that is part of an app in a solution?

This isn't to use the custom connector separately outside of the app, this is just to use it in the app.

My situation is:

1. I have a solution.

2. I have an app in the solution.

3. I have a custom connector that was created from within the solution. 

4. The app uses this custom connector. The users have been given access to the app using its Share menu. It is shared with a mixture of AD groups and individual users.

5. The custom connector uses OAuth, so when a new user run the app there is initially the setup dialog to Sign-In for that connector.

What Share or access configuration is needed on the custom connector? 

Because it is in a solution, the ability to Share the custom connector is disabled in the connector's Share UI.

At first I thought the custom connector would inherit access rights from the app but that does not work. So something extra is needed to allow users to use the customer connector in the app.

Things I've tried:

1. The PowerShell API "Set-AdminPowerAppConnectorRoleAssignment" to assign read access to both AD groups and individual users. 

2. Sharing the connector through the Dataverse -> Tables -> Connector UI, assigning Read access to both AD groups and individual users.

3. Defining a new Role which has Read access to "Custom API" and "Connector" (in Custom Entities), and assigning both AD groups and individual users to that Role. 

Thanks for any insight.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (3,389)