cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MinRao
Level: Powered On

Custom control is not display on add control list

I create one custom control for whole (duration) field and facing following issue.

1. If I Import as managed solution, Following Display name, Name, Type, State, All are blank. And Unmanaged solution is fine.

Custom-Control-Not-Display.PNG

2. I could not find my custom control in add control list, So I could use my custom control.

I have attach both managed and unmanaged solution, Could anyone help me out what I missing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MinRao

Re: Custom control is not display on add control list

I figure out it myself,

Reason is I set type to "Whole.None" and want add the control to Whole Duration field.

I did not aware that Whole.None can only be add to Whole field which format is none.

And I could not find type for "duration" field. Is duration field still un-supported and would that be supported in near future?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MinRao

I figure out it myself,

Reason is I set type to "Whole.None" and want add the control to Whole Duration field.

I did not aware that Whole.None can only be add to Whole field which format is none.

And I could not find type for "duration" field. Is duration field still un-supported and would that be supported in near future?

View solution in original post

Power Apps Staff HemantG
Power Apps Staff

Durartion field has special handling and number is represented in time format.  

Whole.Duration is the internal representation for it but it is not exposed yet. If you can provide more details on the scenario you are trying to build it will help us prioritize. 

thanks,
Hemant 
MinRao

HI HemantG

Thank you, I understand that this is not a high priority items. And It would be helpful if these limitation written somewhere in the document then we can know what type of field can be replaced what can not as of now.

My scenario also is that my customer instead of inputing number for duration, they would like to input xx hours yy minutes separately, and out of box duration field is diffcult for them to input as they tried.

So we develop one web resource to populate this for customer and now I trying to move that to use powreapps component framework as my personal interst to see what it can do for us.

MinRao

Following is the actual component I created , they want to input duration like this.

hoursAndMinutesControl.PNG

Power Apps Staff HemantG
Power Apps Staff

Thanks for the feedback on documentation, this is a miss and we will get it addressed asap.

Regarding your solution - is your custom control only UI consumer for duration field? If yes one workaround can be to model it as a whole.none as logic to convert to hours and mims is already on WebResouce (move it to control) . Creating a dummy field and using ClientAPI/PBL or Plugin to copy over data is another alternative.

Hemant
MinRao

Yes, Thank you for you suggestion, I think that would work.

I think we can wait.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (5,631)