cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flarebear
Frequent Visitor

Deleting custom property from PowerApps component

Hi,

Adding custom properties to PowerApps components is straightforward enough. However, there doesn't seem to be a straightforward way to remove a custom property from a component if that property is subsequently no longer needed. I appreciate that if there are instances of the component in use throughout the app, deleting a component's custom property would necessarily impact component instances that make use of the deleted custom property. If however, none of the instances of a component are using a component's custom property that is up for deletion, then surely it should be possible to just remove that custom property from the component definition ? Right now, the only option appears to be deleting the entire component and recreating it minus the unwanted custom property. Have I missed something ?

10 REPLIES 10

@Sherwin , though it's hidden, this is the solution!  Had I posted the original message I would have marked this as the solution!  Thanks!

BTW, you edit the custom property by clicking on the data type of that property.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,845)