cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cooper01
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Duplicate solution

Is it possible to create a Azure DevOps pipeline which creates a copy of a solution in the same environment? I have been trying to use the logic shown in blogs to export from a dev environment and import to a QA/PROD environment but haven't gotten this working when I want to stay in the same environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cooper01
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks for the response @cchannon. Forgot to update the post but I did get this to work. I created a branch of my solution in ADO, changed the unique name of the solution in Solution.xml, and imported using a pipeline.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

So I take it you're trying to export a solution, make a small change, then re-import it into the same environ, but you're hitting an issue where your change isn't reflected in the target environment?

This might be because the solution version number is still the same as what's already in the environ, so Dataverse isn't even inspecting its contents on import. Have you tried just incrementing the solution number in the solution.xml when you make whatever other change(s) you are making?

cchannon
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Also, yes, you can make a copy of a solution in the same environment using PowerShell and webapi calls but it would be quite a bit of work. I suspect there is probably a more direct way to achieve your core objective (hence the previous post)

Cooper01
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks for the response @cchannon. Forgot to update the post but I did get this to work. I created a branch of my solution in ADO, changed the unique name of the solution in Solution.xml, and imported using a pipeline.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (12,924)