cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embed PowerApp in Teams : Get information about current Team or Channel

I am looking for a solution to integrate a PowerApp into Teams and to be able to retrieve information about the Team or the channel.

I managed without problems to pass parameters via the loading of the app by a web page
https://web.powerapps.com/apps/48e313a5-794b-412b-b511-43d9be12355f?ClientId=9827398273821632
But unfortunately is not possible to pass parameter when you added a app PowerApp directly in Teams. I can only select the App. 

Is there a way to retrieve information in powerApp?

Thanks for your help 🙂 

4 REPLIES 4
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi, 

I have notified the owner for the area and they will respond to the thread. 

This forum is for PowerApps component framework which enables UI component embedding into the PowerApps (both model- preview and canvas - upcoming).  Embedding PowerApps scenarios are being enabled and canvas embedding into model is one good example 🙂

Thanks for your patience,

Hemant 

Hi,

Has there been any progress on possibility to identify within embedded powerapp in which team/channel it is embedded to act in right context?

Power Participant
Power Participant

Hi @PAChesnel - I recently posted a tutorial that walks through how to pass context parameters from Teams to a pinned or tabbed Power App within Teams.  One of the things I show for example is how to get the current channel and group ID that the tabbed app is embedded in.  I hope that something from this is helpful for your situation: https://youtu.be/TwrwTAa1ePQ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (8,651)