cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neetu
Regular Visitor

Error in PowerApps Azure Devops - [error]Failed to connect to Dataverse

I created a pipeline but getting following error, not sure how to fix this?

neetu_0-1627434094448.png

21 REPLIES 21
cchannon
Super User
Super User

That's not much to go on. Have you checked the credentials you provided it? Have you checked to make sure the URL is spelled correctly?

pauloimpaktsoft

If you are using a username/password connection then it will fail if you are using MFA.  To get around this you would need to use service principal/client secret connection, which supports MFA.  If this is the issue then you should follow the steps in the following article to set it up:

Use single-tenant server-to-server authentication (Microsoft Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Doc...

Thanks for the reply! I tried both ways but it didn't work. 

pkorasapati
Regular Visitor

I am facing the same issue, Did we get any concrete solution to address the issue? 

neetu
Regular Visitor

not yet ..I raised a support ticket with Microsoft. My ticket is still open and didn't get a right help 😞

try connecting with user id/pwd to make sure you don't have any permission issue.

pkorasapati
Regular Visitor

Hi Neetu, 

This issue has been resolved for us. you might need to address some policies mentioned in Azure Resource group. 

Refer to the below urls for more help: 

DevOps for Power Apps Canvas Apps (Source Control) - YouTube

DevOps for Power Apps Canvas Apps (Prod Release) - YouTube

sit-md
Regular Visitor

@neetu Any response yet? I am facing the same issue and don't know why.

neetu
Regular Visitor

Hi, Yes, it's resolved. I was using Secret ID rather than Value. When I added the Value it started working. Before you start checking anything, first make sure are you able to connect your dataverse with user ID/pwd. It'll help you to narrow down the issue.  

sit-md
Regular Visitor

A little after my post the admin and I figured that out too. But even with the value it didn't work. Turns out that pasting the value over a Microsoft Teams screen sharing session doesn't work as expected. Only after entering it directly from the local machine did it start working as expected. Unfortunately it still didn't resolve the issue with the Power Platform Backup task. Some permission seems to be missing still. But the connection to dataverse at least works as expected now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (3,358)