cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FilipB
Regular Visitor

Execute plugin when a user is associated with AAD Security Group Team

Hello,

We are trying to write a plugin that executes when a User is placed in an AAD Security Group Team.

We have tried using the Associate message (this is used when a User is placed in Team via UI) and AddMembers message (this is executed when a User is placed in a Team programmatically), but with no luck. Does anybody have an idea on which message can we use the plugin?

What we are trying to do is place a User in a Business Unit that corresponds to the Business Unit on the Security Group Team. For example, let's say that a User belongs to Business Unit A, but is later placed in a Security Group Team that is in Business Unit B. What we have found is that, even though the User is placed in this Team, his Business Unit remains A. Then we get into a weird situation where a User belongs to A, but can see records from B (through the Team's security rights). 

What we are trying to achieve is to have a single point of administration for User's BU, Team and corresponding Security Roles. Since the BU is not propagated through AD Sec Group Team, our idea is to write a plugin that will be executed on this association, and place the User in the correct BU.

If it is not possible with plugin code, does anybody have other ideas on how to achieve this? 

1 REPLY 1
james3
Advocate I
Advocate I

You could use change notifications on Microsoft Graph. As I don’t think you custom apis support anonymous authentication, it’d have to be hosted outside and environment - eg. an azure function or similar. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/resources/webhooks?view=graph-rest-1.0

An self contained alternative could be a self-chaining-workflow that checked membership on a schedule/loop (polling).

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,662)