cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KoenJanssensPD
Resolver I
Resolver I

Exporting solution does not include records that are used by views to filter on...

Dear all,

(sorry, the title is a bit hazy)

I have created quite some predefined views on some entities, using lookup fields to filter those views.

However, when I export/import these views through a solution, the records used in those lookup views are not in the solution. This means the filters on those predefined views are not working. Even when I recreate the lookup records in the new environment, the filters have lost their connection with the predefined lookup values; So I have to go through every view in the new environment and re-apply the filters to use the (newly) added lookup records...

This is how it looks after importing the solution:

KoenJanssensPD_1-1624517240994.png

This is how it should look (after re-applying the filter):

KoenJanssensPD_0-1624517208668.png

How can I export those records in the solution so the predefined filters keep working when importing the solution in another solution?

Thanks,

Koen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@KoenJanssensPD 

You can use a tool like Data Transporter in XRMToolbox

https://www.xrmtoolbox.com/plugins/Colso.Xrm.DataTransporter/

To Transfer records using the same GUID across environments.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@KoenJanssensPD 

You can use a tool like Data Transporter in XRMToolbox

https://www.xrmtoolbox.com/plugins/Colso.Xrm.DataTransporter/

To Transfer records using the same GUID across environments.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

This is indeed one way to transfer records between environments...

But what if I don't have access to the (customers') environment and they want to import my solution? They would still miss the lookup records on which the predefined views rely on... Is there any way to include records in a solution?

Thanks,

Koen

It isn't the most fun option, but Microsoft also has a Solution Package Deployer that was originally designed for USD migrations where very large segments of the config are actually data (and guids matter).

Solution Packages allow you to bundle solution zips up with data zips and import them in a single, scripted  process that you can design. This would allow your customer to run the import process when you don't have access (you can even set up a GUI "click next" kind of import experience) but it takes quite a bit of knowledge and work to set it up and you'll find pretty quickly that updates will be needed frequently as your solution evolves.

a33ik
MVP

Hello,

You can use Configuration Migration Tool to move that data - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-configuration-data

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,990)