cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ideaguy1974
Regular Visitor

Filtered Column isn't grabbing multiple values

I have a multiselect combo box, that allows users to select multiple companies.  The combo box pulls its data from an external source (SharePoint list/lookup)Part1.PNG
I've created a HIDDEN single line text field that is auto populated with the ID numbers from the users choice above in the combo box  
My problem is it only grabs the first ID... and I need it to grab each ID from the (potentially) multiple selections.Part2.PNG

any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ideaguy1974
Regular Visitor

Referencing the ID column from my Companies List wasn't possible (or at least it wasn't an option).  SO I created a single line text column called ID for Workflow, and when a new item is created in the company folder, a workflow copies the ID and puts it in the new column.

I have a hidden text field that concatenates the companies that are selected in the drop down... its just a text field and it grabs the title text from the dropdown.

I did the exact same thing, but referenced the new STUPID GD ID field that i had to create... I have solved my own problem by creating redundant columns and stupid workflows.  FU POWER APPs.

ideaguy1974_0-1637591844393.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ideaguy1974 :

Please try:

Filter(Companies,ID in cbCompaines.SelectedItems.ID)

Best Regards,

Bof

Unfortunately that still only gives me a single value...

image (1).png

I'm going to try concat with your solution and see where that gets me.

ideaguy1974
Regular Visitor

Referencing the ID column from my Companies List wasn't possible (or at least it wasn't an option).  SO I created a single line text column called ID for Workflow, and when a new item is created in the company folder, a workflow copies the ID and puts it in the new column.

I have a hidden text field that concatenates the companies that are selected in the drop down... its just a text field and it grabs the title text from the dropdown.

I did the exact same thing, but referenced the new STUPID GD ID field that i had to create... I have solved my own problem by creating redundant columns and stupid workflows.  FU POWER APPs.

ideaguy1974_0-1637591844393.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,839)