In my model-driven app, I have a form for a table that has a Form Component Control on a tab. That FCC is for the parent (1:n) table. It works well, except that quite frequently I get a "source record not selected" message displayed instead of the parent table form. If I refresh the page, the parent form displays and works fine.
It seems like a timing issue. The FCC is trying to render before the lookup field it is applied to has a value populated. Something like that.
Any ideas how I can get this to work more consistently?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Interesting @tschopp ,
I didn't saw that behavior until now, so it might be a special case (or a new issue).
Maybe the parent lookup is the first control on the page (so the focus is somehow still on the control)? I've seen weird issus for long time because of this (of course, not related to the FCC).
What if you set the value for the parent lookup using the console. Does it load then?
Just type something like Xrm.getAttribute(....).setValue(.,..)
Or maybe change the value for the parent using the control, and then change it back. Does it work?
I do not. Do you think it would make a difference if it was there?
Hi @tschopp ,
I've tried to place a FCC for the ParentAccount on my Opprtunity form, but I cannot reproduce the issue.
I've even tried to throttle my network connection, to see is there is something wrong.
1. Do you use the quick create form for opportunity, or the main one?
2. I understand that there might be something with asyncronous processes. Maybe it's not about showing the FCC too fast (usually it's the last I get displayed), maybe it's a script which deletes the parent in your oppotunity form. Maybe if you attach a script to OnChange for your parent lookup on the Opportunity form, and there make a console.log, you get to know if something happens.
Maybe if you delete that (or try with a new, lightweight form without scripts) you get closer to the issue.
I'm going out of ideas. Of course it could be a bug too..
Hope this helps.
Hi @DianaBirkelbach ,
Still having the issue. Not sure if it matters, but I'm using 2 custom tables that have a 1:N relationship.
1. I'm using Main forms for both tables.
2. I tried adding script to the parent lookup OnChange event and it never fires. I put a debug breakpoint in to be sure.
Not sure what else to try before going to Microsoft to report it as a bug.
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Check out how to claim yours today!
We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!
On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks
Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT