cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tschopp
Advocate I
Advocate I

Form Component Control and "source record not selected" error

In my model-driven app, I have a form for a table that has a Form Component Control on a tab.  That FCC is for the parent (1:n) table.  It works well, except that quite frequently I get a "source record not selected" message displayed instead of the parent table form.  If I refresh the page, the parent form displays and works fine.

It seems like a timing issue.  The FCC is trying to render before the lookup field it is applied to has a value populated.  Something like that.

Any ideas how I can get this to work more consistently?

14 REPLIES 14
HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks @DianaBirkelbach  for looping me in.  @tschopp  can you please attach a solution for the issue for easy repro.

thanks,

Hemant 

mspilde
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Everyone,

This is a known issue and will be fixed with version 9.2.21034 and above.  This should be rolling out to North America orgs this weekend.

tschopp
Advocate I
Advocate I

@mspilde @HemantG @DianaBirkelbach 

We're running version 9.2.21034 now and the issue has NOT been resolved.  It seems like the error occurs the first 5-7 times I open the form for different records after refreshing the solution in the browser.  Then it pretty much stops happening.  I'm working on a creating a solution that I can share that isolates the issue.  I'll post it when it's ready.

mspilde
Power Apps
Power Apps

This looks like you are running into another issue that we found that is currently being fixed, I will update the thread when I have a known date.

@mspilde Any updates on when a fix for this might be coming?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Users online (36,400)