Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristoffer88
Advocate I
Advocate I

Getting @odata.etag from dataset in a PCF component

Hi.

Is it possible to get the @odata.etag, when retriving records form the context.parameters.dataset ?

I can see in the FetchXML called by PCF, that the data is there, but i am not sure how to fetch it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

A real good question @Kristoffer88 .

I didn't found a way nether. Maybe it's worth to post an idea for this, and post the link here.

As a workaround for now, I can only think of making an extra fetch for the ids you have in the dataset, in order to get the etag. 

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

A real good question @Kristoffer88 .

I didn't found a way nether. Maybe it's worth to post an idea for this, and post the link here.

As a workaround for now, I can only think of making an extra fetch for the ids you have in the dataset, in order to get the etag. 

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Kristoffer88
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for the reply Diana.

I was hoping to find another solution, as I am often loading 3-4000 records into the control. Was hoping not to double load or load the records only from the rest api

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,626)