cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yamini_surineni
Regular Visitor

How to clear "web unsupported syntax" issue in solution checker?

The below mentioned is the error that I am facing for HTML Web resource which contains java script in it.

->I am trying to export my solution so ,before exporting the solution I need to run the solution by using solution checker in the power apps. So I have run my solution in that so I got this error.

"Unable to understand the syntax of this file. We currently do not support ECMA standards greater than version 5. We may have also encountered a true syntax error in the file. Please use a code editor that performs JavaScript validation, such as Visual Studio Code, to identify the script error locations. Note that other rules were unable to run on this file so the results are likely incomplete."

• Moreover I have validated the code using visual studio and It is error free.
  • I have even removed the ES 6 version code and made it to ES 5 (for fetch).

could some please help me in clearing this issue.

Thanks in advance

Thanks,

Yamini

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @MikeHuguet , 

Yes, we have a lot of problems with Solution Checker and AppSource Certification because of using bundling & 3rd Party npm Packages in our WebResources (PCFs too): like using eval, parent.Xrm, using let & const (this is not ES5 but the all Dynamics 365 supported browsers support that).

It makes us (the developer) spend a lot of time with justifying the implementation (to our customers and out boss), even if we didn't do anything wrong. 😥
So we should just proceed with the AppSource Certification, even if the solution checker shows High-Issues?

Best regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hello,

As there was a new release in dynamics on Friday i.e on 8th of may. Due to that release there is a new issue occurring in my html web resource . The issue is it is printing html tags instead of output in the page layout.

Can some one help me in clearing this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Thanks,

Yamini

Where is the web resource being used and how are you triggering it?

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Hi, I am not triggering any where I am placing it in form . Thanks , Yamini

@DianaBirkelbach I would if they are false positives.

I think his question was focused on Power Apps/Solution Checker and how you are running it. If you are saying that you are seeing syntax errors with your HTML generation JavaScript embedded in HTML, then this is the bug that I was mentioning earlier in this thread with the parser. The new parser will be introduced in the near future. They do not have a date yet. @Yamini_surineni 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,362)