cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

How to delete a PCF component from a CanvasApp

I've installed a PCF Component in a CanvasApp, and later on I wanted to delete it. 

The documentation says, that there should be a delete button for that: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/component-framework-for-can... but I couldn't find it.

DeleteFRomCanvasApp.pngIt's true that I could delete the solution and that deleted also the PCF component from my CanvasApp, but I wonder if there is a "Delete" button in the CanvasApp designer.

Best regards,

Diana

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @DianaBirkelbach,

I imported a color component (not sure if it's the same you used, this should not matter) into a canvas app and I was given the option to delete it:

image.png

If yours was a solution it's possible that by deleting the solution it could affect the reference you had in the app.

You could try adding it again and check if you can delete it from components.

But definitely components can be deleted and the button is there.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

Hi @DianaBirkelbach 

To remove a PCF component, you need to remove all instances of the PCF control from the screens.  It will still show on the sidebar list until you save/close the app and reopen.

Just note that there is still an issue where resources will be left behind, so make sure that you aren't going to re-add the control again later.  The bug has been fixed, but it will take a few weeks to make it to prod.

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @DianaBirkelbach,

I imported a color component (not sure if it's the same you used, this should not matter) into a canvas app and I was given the option to delete it:

image.png

If yours was a solution it's possible that by deleting the solution it could affect the reference you had in the app.

You could try adding it again and check if you can delete it from components.

But definitely components can be deleted and the button is there.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Hi Ovidiu @a-ovbord ,

I think the difference is that I have a PCF component (so a TypeScript - code based component) , while you are using a CanvasApp component.

It was this PCF (https://pcf.gallery/wheel-color-picker/) but I don't find the delete option for any of my PCF components imported in a CanvasApp.

Best regards,

Diana

I have no idea who set this question as solved. It's not solved, since I reported a PCF(Code based)-Control Problem.

Hi @DianaBirkelbach 

To remove a PCF component, you need to remove all instances of the PCF control from the screens.  It will still show on the sidebar list until you save/close the app and reopen.

Just note that there is still an issue where resources will be left behind, so make sure that you aren't going to re-add the control again later.  The bug has been fixed, but it will take a few weeks to make it to prod.

Thank you @jopursle . 

By closing/reopening the App, it worked.

Thank you for the warning.

Best regards,

Diana

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,575)