cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

How to delete a PCF component from a CanvasApp

I've installed a PCF Component in a CanvasApp, and later on I wanted to delete it. 

The documentation says, that there should be a delete button for that: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/component-framework-for-can... but I couldn't find it.

DeleteFRomCanvasApp.pngIt's true that I could delete the solution and that deleted also the PCF component from my CanvasApp, but I wonder if there is a "Delete" button in the CanvasApp designer.

Best regards,

Diana

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: How to delete a PCF component from a CanvasApp

Hi @DianaBirkelbach,

I imported a color component (not sure if it's the same you used, this should not matter) into a canvas app and I was given the option to delete it:

image.png

If yours was a solution it's possible that by deleting the solution it could affect the reference you had in the app.

You could try adding it again and check if you can delete it from components.

But definitely components can be deleted and the button is there.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @DianaBirkelbach 

To remove a PCF component, you need to remove all instances of the PCF control from the screens.  It will still show on the sidebar list until you save/close the app and reopen.

Just note that there is still an issue where resources will be left behind, so make sure that you aren't going to re-add the control again later.  The bug has been fixed, but it will take a few weeks to make it to prod.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @DianaBirkelbach,

I imported a color component (not sure if it's the same you used, this should not matter) into a canvas app and I was given the option to delete it:

image.png

If yours was a solution it's possible that by deleting the solution it could affect the reference you had in the app.

You could try adding it again and check if you can delete it from components.

But definitely components can be deleted and the button is there.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi Ovidiu @a-ovbord ,

I think the difference is that I have a PCF component (so a TypeScript - code based component) , while you are using a CanvasApp component.

It was this PCF (https://pcf.gallery/wheel-color-picker/) but I don't find the delete option for any of my PCF components imported in a CanvasApp.

Best regards,

Diana

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I have no idea who set this question as solved. It's not solved, since I reported a PCF(Code based)-Control Problem.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @DianaBirkelbach 

To remove a PCF component, you need to remove all instances of the PCF control from the screens.  It will still show on the sidebar list until you save/close the app and reopen.

Just note that there is still an issue where resources will be left behind, so make sure that you aren't going to re-add the control again later.  The bug has been fixed, but it will take a few weeks to make it to prod.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Thank you @jopursle . 

By closing/reopening the App, it worked.

Thank you for the warning.

Best regards,

Diana

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,907)