cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How to filter columns that have values in detail within them?

This application will be used for sales proposes and each of the record will serve as a purchase order. In my case there are 136 columns, which are placed into a SharePoint list as a column. So if the users enter a certain amount for one of the product the respective column of the row (Which serves as the purchase order will be altered)(Every row within the list acts as a Unique Purchase Order). 

now i want to develop a detail screen only listing the values which are not blank or higher than 0 (zero). however, I find myself stuck at this problem because of the time consumption, as the product catalog is destined for changes and more products can be added on the regular basis.

I wanted to know if there was a way to not manually select,code, copy and paste code into each of the data cards as that can be time consuming. (best way I have found was selecting each CardKey and CardValue per DataCard and referencing the parent of the item and pasting the code " Value(Parent.Default) > 0" . This method is time consuming and seems like too hand done, whilst the job can be done easier. In addition, it leaves the DataCard in the detail form, which leaves blank spaces(Which can be seen in the starting of my Detail forms in picture).

I also wasn't able to alter each DataCard separately, as this disregarded its default as a property and regarded it as a text item(Which can be seen in picture). Default property is seen as "default".  It's easier to Ctr select each DataCard and alter their visibility at once(How I did in the Picture), however selecting individual CardKey and CardValue is only allowed up to 2 selection, which is within the Datacard.

I searched for child selector functions to help with the definition of the value as default for the column, however no luck.

I only want Columns with values to show as a DataCard on my detail screen in the app, there is no need for editing the same detail form.  Only items which have been ordered need to be displayed for that Purchase Order. I Hope I was clear in asking the Question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to filter columns that have values in detail within them?

Hi @Sharesh ,

Do you want to dynamic decide the datacards' visibility based on field's value in a form?

Actually, I'm afraid there's no better way than set every datacard's Visible to " Value(Parent.Default) > 0" one by one for your issue.

For now, if you want to change the form's layout and the visible field at the same time, you could only choose fields manually when designing the form.

I suggest you post your view about changing daracard's visible and layout dynamically in our idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/PA_Comm_Ideas

What's more, if you consider to use gallery to display fields value>0 in one specific, I've figure out a solution.

By the way, if you use gallery to display fields, you do not need to worry about layout.

Try to set your gallery's Items:

Filter(
       Split(
             First(    //one spefic record of your dara source, I assume that the first record
                   AddColumns(
                              datasource,
                              "alldata",
                              Concatenate("fieldname1:",Text(fieldname1),
                                          ";fieldname2:",Text(fieldname2),....
                                          )//please replace with all your field names
                              )
                    ).alldata,";"
              ),
      Value(
            Right(
                   Match(Result,":\d").FullMatch,
                   Len(Match(Result,":\d").FullMatch)-1
                  )//get the value in new field "fieldname:value"
             )>0
     )

Then the gallery will only display one specific record with the fields that value is larger then 0.

43.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: How to filter columns that have values in detail within them?

Hi @Sharesh ,

Do you want to dynamic decide the datacards' visibility based on field's value in a form?

Actually, I'm afraid there's no better way than set every datacard's Visible to " Value(Parent.Default) > 0" one by one for your issue.

For now, if you want to change the form's layout and the visible field at the same time, you could only choose fields manually when designing the form.

I suggest you post your view about changing daracard's visible and layout dynamically in our idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/PA_Comm_Ideas

What's more, if you consider to use gallery to display fields value>0 in one specific, I've figure out a solution.

By the way, if you use gallery to display fields, you do not need to worry about layout.

Try to set your gallery's Items:

Filter(
       Split(
             First(    //one spefic record of your dara source, I assume that the first record
                   AddColumns(
                              datasource,
                              "alldata",
                              Concatenate("fieldname1:",Text(fieldname1),
                                          ";fieldname2:",Text(fieldname2),....
                                          )//please replace with all your field names
                              )
                    ).alldata,";"
              ),
      Value(
            Right(
                   Match(Result,":\d").FullMatch,
                   Len(Match(Result,":\d").FullMatch)-1
                  )//get the value in new field "fieldname:value"
             )>0
     )

Then the gallery will only display one specific record with the fields that value is larger then 0.

43.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,424)