cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use angular 7 in PCF Control

Hi,

Is angular 7 is supported for angular I was trying to use angular 7 in pcf control but was nsure how to do it,like how to create component,module,services.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: How to use angular 7 in PCF Control

I too had same problem

awais
Level: Powered On

Guys, did you able to run angular 7 in PCF control?

ben-thompson
Level 8

The Power Component framework has support for React which is probably a better fit for the User Interface controls it's designed to allow you to create.

I always thought angular was designed for single page apps rather than small pieces within a page.

If you need help getting started with React @rexkenley has created a React starter kit at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Component-Framework/PCF-React-starter-kit/td-p/439247... and there are sample apps in Microsoft's PCF documentation 

Highlighted
awais
Level: Powered On

Thanks! yes I agree to use react instead of angular for new app. But currently I have app written in Angular and used as web resource in D365. I want to use as it is in PCF control.

I found sample using react in PCF control but nothing like that for angular yet.

rexkenley
Level 8

In theory you can use my start-up kit with angular if your angular app has an atomic architecture.

You would need to update storybook in my project to handle angular.

https://storybook.js.org/docs/guides/guide-angular/

https://www.learnstorybook.com/intro-to-storybook/angular/en/simple-component/

ben-thompson
Level 8

It's probably also worth taking a step back here and looking at the difference between a web resource and a PCF control

A web resource is displayed in an iframe and has fully control of the resources you give it and the external libraries you add to it.

A PCF control sits within a Powerapps page (it actually sites within an eval statement within the Javascript that generates the page) and has to play nicely with the rest of the page. Any external libraries added to the control create the risk that something within that library may not play will with other items on the page and result in problems that are hard to pin do.

Microsoft namohant
Microsoft

HI @Anonymous ,

Are you looking for samples. If you can outline the issue you are facing we can assist in getting it addressed accordingly. As far as samples go we are working on having a sample available and documented. 

Regards

Nando

rexkenley
Level 8

Ben

You can actually "hack" the pcf config to make easy to debug your code.

webpackConfig.js replace mode: buildMode with

mode: "development",
devtool: "inline-source-map"

Don't forget to change it back.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (5,274)