cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShalabhGupta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Implementing Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card signature from Model Driven App (Webform)

Hello All,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to implement webform signing using PIV card authentication. The scenario is something like this:

Whenever a user opens a Model Driven App, goes to one of the entity's webform and click on a custom sign button, a PIV card authentication prompt should appear where a user is challenged with his PIV card login, once authenticated, we populate a field on the webform with the digital signature.

We have seen options like DocuSign and AdobeSign, however they all need licenses which is a thing of a future for us. 

Appreciate any inputs on how to implement this using SDK.

Thanks,

Shalabh

2 REPLIES 2
vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShalabhGupta 

Since you are looking for signature. Can you consider having pen-input in PowerApps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-pen-input

If you are looking something in Model driven App. I request you to also post this idea in https://community.dynamics.com/f 

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas

ShalabhGupta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your reply. 

I've looked at this approach, however this is just a pen control to type in a signature. This is not something which we are looking for. 

Our requirement is to authenticate a user with PIV challenge on a model-driven webform and then authenticate the user post which we will perform some action on the webform.

The use case is something like this
  1. User opens a model driven app
  2. clicks on a button to sign
  3. Challenge provide to the user to use PIV card and sign-in
  4. We get to know if the the sign-in was successful or not based on the challenge.
  5. Based on the sign-in status, perform custom rules.

Let me know if that makes sense. Looking for innovative ways in which we can achieve this.

Thanks for your assistance.

-Shalabh

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,487)