cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShalabhGupta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Implementing Personal Identity Verification (PIV) card signature from Model Driven App (Webform)

Hello All,

I am trying to find out if there is a way to implement webform signing using PIV card authentication. The scenario is something like this:

Whenever a user opens a Model Driven App, goes to one of the entity's webform and click on a custom sign button, a PIV card authentication prompt should appear where a user is challenged with his PIV card login, once authenticated, we populate a field on the webform with the digital signature.

We have seen options like DocuSign and AdobeSign, however they all need licenses which is a thing of a future for us. 

Appreciate any inputs on how to implement this using SDK.

Thanks,

Shalabh

2 REPLIES 2
vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShalabhGupta 

Since you are looking for signature. Can you consider having pen-input in PowerApps

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-pen-input

If you are looking something in Model driven App. I request you to also post this idea in https://community.dynamics.com/f 

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas

ShalabhGupta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for your reply. 

I've looked at this approach, however this is just a pen control to type in a signature. This is not something which we are looking for. 

Our requirement is to authenticate a user with PIV challenge on a model-driven webform and then authenticate the user post which we will perform some action on the webform.

The use case is something like this
  1. User opens a model driven app
  2. clicks on a button to sign
  3. Challenge provide to the user to use PIV card and sign-in
  4. We get to know if the the sign-in was successful or not based on the challenge.
  5. Based on the sign-in status, perform custom rules.

Let me know if that makes sense. Looking for innovative ways in which we can achieve this.

Thanks for your assistance.

-Shalabh

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,816)