cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Import Error with PCF Control

I created a PCF control, imported and configured in our sandbox, and am trying to move it to production. Exporting is fine, but on import, I get the following error:

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: CustomControls with Name ValTech.PCFControls.CheckBoxWTime Import Solution Failed with following error: Publisher prefix vtd for this control ValTech.PCFControls.CheckBoxWTime does not match the prefix e8s for the solution with Id 8dd9ac01-31db-e911-a96b-000d3a124c2c.

I've tried importing the PCF on its own and leaving it to the solution import, but both ways throw this error. How can I get the control imported for production use?

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks @ben-thompson. I wasn't aware of the others, but was aware of the eval one. We are actually adding something like this to the text while the PCF team looks to improve this checking experience.

Usage of the JavaScript eval function should be limited where possible.  The eval function can be a dangerous function as it allows strings to be executed as scripts within the context of the caller.  This can be exploited to run malicious code.  Eval is also usually slower than other options due to the lack of optimizations of the script text passed to eval. If this is caused by the PCF control tools, use 'msbuild /p:configuration=Release' or 'npm run build -- --buildMode production'. This will produce a build that will not include 'eval' usage.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,060)