cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navneet_singh
Frequent Visitor

Increasing the number of characters that can be passed as input to a PCF Component

I have a PCF Component that takes input. I am unable to give more than 160 characters as input. I want the following as the input to my field name:

Will this website use personal data collection forms and limit collection fields to no more than the following: first name, last name, job title, phone, email, company name, company size, job title, and country?

But I'm only able to give the input till this:

Will this website use personal data collection forms and limit collection fields to no more than the following: first name, last name, job title, phone, email,

Can anyone help me to increase this?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Increasing the number of characters that can be passed as input to a PCF Component

Hi @navneet_singh ,

Do you mean that you cannot enter into your pcf control more than 160 characters ?

I'm afraid it's a known issue that is seen as  a bug in the form designer and for reference it is tracked via internal ID 1485549 . 

Control Configuration properties of input usage only limited to 100 characters

Here are two similar issues for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Component-Framework/Control-Configuration-properties-...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Component-Framework/Problem-with-maximum-length-of-In...

If there's any improvement about this, I will reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
navneet_singh
Frequent Visitor

Re: Increasing the number of characters that can be passed as input to a PCF Component

Thankyou, @v-yutliu-msft !

PowerMaverick Advocate III
Advocate III

@v-yutliu-msft any updates on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,124)