cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RWidmer

Initialize data as part of a solution deployment

I have a product I'm building on top of Power Platform and I want to be able to bundle solutions with a set of initialization data for things such as Lookup tables, or possibly even sample data.

Is there any mechanism to be able to bundle initialized data as part of a solution? What would be the easiest way to do something like this at scale?

1 REPLY 1
a33ik
MVP

Hello,

I'm afraid there is no way to load dictionary/sample data when you just import the solution - at the moment it would be required to involve a human being in this process and there are few ways you can do it:

1. Export "Dictionary" and "Sample" data from your system using CrmDataMigration tool that is the part of the SDK and use the same tool to import the data to the system of your customer.

2. Develop some functionality that will import the data into customer's instance and ask a person who installs the solution to run script/command/whatever to import the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (54,084)