cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to develop component in Mac ?

Hi 

Is it possible to develop component in mac ? I think CLI is only available for windows!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Is it possible for to develop component in Mac ?

that nuget package contains the definitions for msbuild in order to build the PCF control (to get the correct output that after is packaged inside the solution)

Mono contains an implementation of msbuild but I don't know (as I didn't test) if it can work with PCF

Also if you are able to build the control, the packaging of the solution (using solutionpackager) afaik is only for windows (it is possible to manually package it but you will need to know exactly how the solution xml works)

Note that the things I wrote come from my experience, as this product is in preview maybe there are other ways to configure this on mac that I am not aware of, maybe the product team or other developers will reply to your question.

hope it helps

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

The first part of the CLI helps you to create the wireframe for your control.

If you download an existing PCF source code and configure Node in your Mac you will be able to build and test your control with harness.

The other part of the CLI is the one helping you to build and package your control inside a solution, for this part you still need the CLI (or to be more precise a windows machine)

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks. Any idea on Nuget package ? I could see some of the nuget package as shown below. will this help ?

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 2.40.42 pm.png

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

that nuget package contains the definitions for msbuild in order to build the PCF control (to get the correct output that after is packaged inside the solution)

Mono contains an implementation of msbuild but I don't know (as I didn't test) if it can work with PCF

Also if you are able to build the control, the packaging of the solution (using solutionpackager) afaik is only for windows (it is possible to manually package it but you will need to know exactly how the solution xml works)

Note that the things I wrote come from my experience, as this product is in preview maybe there are other ways to configure this on mac that I am not aware of, maybe the product team or other developers will reply to your question.

hope it helps

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the answer. I was just wondering if at all it is possible. Smiley Happy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,414)