cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Metadata for PCF dataset columns

Is there a way to get the medatata for the data-set columns, similar to the metadata provided for property for a field PCF?

Of course retrieving the metadata using the WebAPI feature is always an option, but that would reduce the PCF to only Model-Driven Apps, since in CanvasApps the WebAPI feature is not available.

I hoped we could get the metadata at least for the columns defined by "property-set", but I cannot find anything.

Kind regards,

Diana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DianaBirkelbach ,

Do you want to get the metadata property set for the field (defined by "property-set" element) in a canvas app?

If you want to get the metadata property set for the field (defined by "property-set" element) in a canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

I agree with you almost. The WebAPI option is only available in Model-Driven app, but not in a canvas app. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DianaBirkelbach ,

Do you want to get the metadata property set for the field (defined by "property-set" element) in a canvas app?

If you want to get the metadata property set for the field (defined by "property-set" element) in a canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

I agree with you almost. The WebAPI option is only available in Model-Driven app, but not in a canvas app. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-xida-msft 

Thank you Kris Dai! 

Yes, I actually needed the options for the OptionSet columns.  In the CanvasApps we can define the options for the PCFs of type field, but not for a dataset.

I've posted the idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Dataset-PCF-metadata-for-columns-or-property-se...

Kind regards,

Diana

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (4,918)