cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skoofy5
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Modal Form from PCF?

Hey is navigateTo available for components or has anyone created an alternative? I need to get a modal form showing from a PCF but can't see a supported way to do it in the documentation. Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @skoofy5 , 

Actually the navigateTo is missing in the link for PCF context.navigation that @cchannon posted above, so as you say, it's unsupported for now.

It's one of the few cases where I'm using it, even if unsupported. I can only say that it's working and didn't made any problems until now. If I'm not wrong, the openForm is documented but doesn't work, so it seems that navigateTo is a better choice...

But of course, we're at risk if we use it.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cchannon
Super User
Super User

Yes. What you're looking for is context.navigation and it includes methods for openAlertDialog, openConfirmDialog, and openErrorDialog.

DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @skoofy5 , 

Actually the navigateTo is missing in the link for PCF context.navigation that @cchannon posted above, so as you say, it's unsupported for now.

It's one of the few cases where I'm using it, even if unsupported. I can only say that it's working and didn't made any problems until now. If I'm not wrong, the openForm is documented but doesn't work, so it seems that navigateTo is a better choice...

But of course, we're at risk if we use it.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

skoofy5
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Thanks, Diana. I appreciate your insight on these things. Hopefully they'll announce support for it soon - I'm a bit cautious about these things. What's broken with openForm?

DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @skoofy5 , 
I've tried it out yesterday (openForm), in order to check how we can overcome the missing navigateTo, but I've got a "not implemented" error. Maybe I did something wrong. But I don't think this would have solved our problem anyway.

Kind regards,
Diana
----------

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,338)