cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shahriat
Helper II
Helper II

My custom PCF control failing to publish and getting error

I have created a hello world pcf control and when trying to execute this command below:

pac pcf push --publisher-prefix XXX

then getting following error below:

Determining projects to restore...
  All projects are up-to-date for restore.

> pcf-project@1.0.0 clean F:\...
  > pcf-scripts clean "--noColor" "--buildMode" "development" "--outDir" "F:\...\out\controls" "--buildSource" "MSBuild"

[6:12:49 PM] [clean]  Initializing...
  [6:12:49 PM] [clean]  Cleaning build outputs...
  [6:12:49 PM] [clean]  Succeeded
C:\XXX\XXX\.nuget\packages\microsoft.powerapps.msbuild.solution\1.7.2\build\Microsoft.PowerApps.MSBuild.Solution.targets(163,5😞 error MSB4062: The "Tasks.StartTelemetryTask" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\XXX\XXX\.nuget\packages\microsoft.powerapps.msbuild.solution\1.7.2\build\..\tasks\net5.0\Microsoft.PowerApps.MSBuild.Tasks.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask. [F:\....cdsproj]
4 REPLIES 4
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @shahriat , 

Not sure if I can help, but maybe it helps to disable the telemetry

pac telemetry disable 

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

This is because the latest version of PAC takes a dependency on .NET 5 (https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download) - you will need to install the .NET 5 SDK and then restart the command prompt.

shahriat
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks everyone. I had resolved it updating through VS installer. 

mantiwar4

what you did can you please mention. I am also facing the issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,878)