Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Notification Component -Error loading component

Hello,

I am creating PCF signal R notification component. I am following the documentation from the below URL

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/notification-control-using-powerapps-component-framework-...

There were 3 parts(powerapps framework-typescript, Creating function in Azure, powerapps ) in the documentation, which i have done .

But i see Error Loading Control when i use the component. Has anyone faced similar kind of problems particularly for this component or do you have any fix or advice to me. 

Please let me know if i need to share any other information.

Regards

Vani

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Notification Component -Error loading component

Error message i get. Thanks in advance.

image.png

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The issue relates to CORS or Cross Origin Resource Sharing see https://auth0.com/blog/cors-tutorial-a-guide-to-cross-origin-resource-sharing/ 

Your function in Azure needs to return a Access-Control-Allow-Origin header in the response but I suspect adding just 

req.HttpContext.Response.Headers.Add("Access-Control-Allow-Origin", "*");

will be enough.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, Thanks for the response. Please could you let me know where should i paste the code exactly. Is it in the function which i created in Azure. if yes, that function is not editable for me.

how can i edit that ? Please could you let me know?

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hej,

I do agree with Ben. I would also say it is because of CORS.

As I know you can configure this in your Azure portal. When you open the Function, go to the tab "Platform features" and open "CORS" under API a flyout configuration will come in from the right. There you can add your source. I would not recommend adding a "*" there because this will allow requests from everywhere.

//Benedikt

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,429)