cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

PCF control is updating with pac push but not with Msbuild

Hi Folks,

I was using the pac push command to push the PCF control to Dev environment and its working perfectly, But when i use the msbuild and manual importing the control is not updating even after increment the version in ControlManifest.Input.xml file.

• My pcf control version was 2.0.1 and then i incremented the version to 2.0.2
  • Then crated a folder named solution inside the pcfproj folder and navigated to the folder
  • Then executed pac solution init -pn {prefix} -pp {prefix}
  • Then executed pac solution add-reference --path {path to the pcfproj folder}
  • Then executed msbuild /t:build /restore for the first time and then followed the msbuild after that

After theses steps the solution.zip file is generated and I checked the manifest file inside the zip folder and I could see the updated version number there. But after importing the control manually, it still loading the previous control, not the updated one. Also checked in the solution layers, there I could see that old manifest file.

Thanks for any insights.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hi @KP93 , 

I've covered a few issues about pcf versioning in my blog: https://dianabirkelbach.wordpress.com/2020/12/23/all-about-pcf-versioning/

It will help you check out which version is used in your environment, and special cases when you need to uninstall your PCF in order to upgrade. 

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @KP93 , 

I've covered a few issues about pcf versioning in my blog: https://dianabirkelbach.wordpress.com/2020/12/23/all-about-pcf-versioning/

It will help you check out which version is used in your environment, and special cases when you need to uninstall your PCF in order to upgrade. 

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

@DianaBirkelbachit worked like a charm 😀 . Thank You.

Super User
Super User

So glad to hear that @KP93 😀

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (88,861)