Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goutham
Helper II
Helper II

PCF control not visible from "Add control" wizard

I have designed a new PCF field control for enhancing visualization of Textbox

I have defined field template when initializing project file. After pushing the control to dev environment, i was able to see the control when i navigate to "custom controls" from d365/power platform solutions. however, when i try to add this by clicking field properties->add control, i could not see the control in the list. Am i missing any?? Appreciate any inputs!!

I have tried searcjing for thsi control on following field types but of no avail- single line of text, whole number, multiple lines of text, lookup,optionset, subgrid.

Command used for project file : pac pcf init --namespace loanDepot --name <control name>--template field 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Goutham , 

I think the first property (lookupField for you) must be of usage="bound". You don't need to provide a changed value though.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Goutham , 

Maybe you can share share the Manifest with us.

If you go to  field -> properties -> add control, are you still able to see the out of the box controls? Sometimes there are special chars in the manifest, which cause all the controls to disappear.

Also I've noticed that you were talking about field of type "subgrid": there is no such field type. Subgrids are implemeneted by using PCFs of type dataset. Maybe that's the problem.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Goutham
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you @DianaBirkelbach !!

Please find my Manifest below if that helps. I am able to see all OOB controls and also other custom controls(of type dataset\field) created by me\team.

<manifest>
  <control namespace="namespace1" constructor="cascadingDropDownControl" version="0.0.2" display-name-key="cascadingDropDownControl" description-key="cascadingDropDownControl description" control-type="standard">

<property name="lookupField" display-name-key="Look up Field" description-key="LookupField" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" required="false" /> 

<resources>
      <code path="index.ts" order="1"/>
      <css path="css/dropdown.css"  />
    </resources>
    <feature-usage>
      <uses-feature name="Utility" required="true" />
      <uses-feature name="WebAPI" required="true" />
    </feature-usage>
  </control>
</manifest>
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Goutham , 

I think the first property (lookupField for you) must be of usage="bound". You don't need to provide a changed value though.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------

View solution in original post

Goutham
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you @DianaBirkelbach !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,376)