cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sathesh
Microsoft
Microsoft

PCF control of dataset not visible to Add in CDS org

I have created a PCF control of Data-set type, published the same to my trial org and pushed to my org with below command

pac pcf push --publisher-prefix <your publisher prefix>

Solution imported successfully and available under settings-->solutions 

Sathesh_0-1623374125690.png

however when I tried to add the control under sub-grid or entity it's not listed. Please advise if am missing anything as am new to PCF

Sathesh_1-1623374329710.png

@PowerMaverick I hope you can help me here 😊 since I followed your blog and build this control as am started learning PCF but I used manual commands to build and push

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sathesh , 

If nothing changed, in Mode-Driven Apps you cannot use a PCF of type dataset combined with a bound field property .

You could define the second property "mainProp" of type "input" or delete it.

As I made this test last time, I couldn't upload the control having both dataset and bound properties. Somehow this test must be removed, but the feature doesn't seem to be supported.

Hope it helps!

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sathesh ,

The name of the control is the display-name-key

DianaBirkelbach_0-1623393875976.png

or the translation you may have in the "resx" file, corresponding (in that case the value):

DianaBirkelbach_1-1623393987146.png

So without translation I would have had "ORBIS_ColorfulOptionsetGrid".

With "resx" file for translation, I have corresponding for ORBIS_ColorfulOptionsetGrid, the value "ColorfulOptionsetGrid". 

So maybe your control is there, it's just hard to detect.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
Sathesh
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Diana, this is my control's display-name-key but still not visible, I have published it successfully, I don't know what else am missing

Sathesh_0-1623525380809.png

May I know where I can see translation file "resx"?

We would need more details. Can you provide your manifest file structure here?

Power Maverick | Microsoft Business Application MVP
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sathesh , 

The resx files are inside your PCF project, but not every PCF must have one, so I'm not sure if you have them.

DianaBirkelbach_0-1623677781351.png

Kind regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------

Here it is

Sathesh_0-1623696566189.pngSathesh_1-1623696592453.png

Pls let me know if this helps

DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sathesh , 

If nothing changed, in Mode-Driven Apps you cannot use a PCF of type dataset combined with a bound field property .

You could define the second property "mainProp" of type "input" or delete it.

As I made this test last time, I couldn't upload the control having both dataset and bound properties. Somehow this test must be removed, but the feature doesn't seem to be supported.

Hope it helps!

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,907)