cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

PCF language issue

Hi,

We have created one project in PCF and read the values from resource file to display in CRM like we have created one resource file for language English and it will read the user's CRM language and display the data in English.

When user created the environment in which base language as English and then set other language as 'German ' in Dynamic 365 CRM and if 'German language ' file not created then by default it display the content in CRM as English.

Same way if the base language is 'German' and if 'German Language resource' file not created then it will not work means it does not display the content.

If we created environment in CRM in which base language is German and if resource file for language 'German' not created but English language file created then is there any way around to set the default language as English if resource file not created for any other languages.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: PCF language issue

@HemantG I don't know if you missed this question yesterday but there does seem to be an issue where:-

a PCF has a language resource file

and the base language of the organisation is not a resource file within the PCF component.

I believe the correct fix would be to specify a default fallback resource file within the PCF componemts controlmanifest file but I don't know if it is just one of those things, a bug or requires raising an issue to resolve it.

At the moment there is a workaround which would be to copy the default resource file for all languages likely to use the component. 

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I did wonder when this issue would raise it's head (I've seen it in the past in standard solution development but it's not usually an issue as the default language for MCS projects was always English).

I suspect for the moment the solution is to duplicate your English resource file for all languages that are likely to install the PCF (translations could then follow later) and hope that functionality for a default back to this resx file option is be added to PCF in a subsequent release.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.

When we can expect the release for this?

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I don't know - I don't work for MS anymore (I left last year to become an ISV)..

@HemantG / @AnqiChen  is the lack of a default language option for PCF resource files a bug, on the roadmap or do we need to create an Idea for it?

---
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Can I suggest this npm?

https://www.i18next.com/

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@HemantG I don't know if you missed this question yesterday but there does seem to be an issue where:-

a PCF has a language resource file

and the base language of the organisation is not a resource file within the PCF component.

I believe the correct fix would be to specify a default fallback resource file within the PCF componemts controlmanifest file but I don't know if it is just one of those things, a bug or requires raising an issue to resolve it.

At the moment there is a workaround which would be to copy the default resource file for all languages likely to use the component. 

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

@ben-thompson  @HemantG  I would even follow this idea further. Usually a PCF developer won't be able to translate in every possible language. Mostly she/he can cover 1-3 languages in the best case. So maybe there should be a possibility to translate the resources together with the other translations or allow the company that imported it to translate it, while the developer defines in the component a fallback.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,913)