Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zohaibukhan
Frequent Visitor

PCF - npm run build - Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain

Hello All,

Thanks for reading my post.

• I'm following this tutorial to create a PCF control.
  • When I'm trying to do 'npm run build'. Its running successfully but an error is appearing 'Error: self signed certificate in certificate chain'.

Lab5-1.PNG

• And, when I'm trying to run 'npm start' then following exception:

Lab5-2.PNG

Any troubleshooting suggestions? Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @zohaibukhan , 

My bad. Downgrading tha pac cli would help only if you create the project again after that.

For existing projects, try to downgrade

npm install pcf-start@1.6.5

After that, using "npm list" you shoudn't see an "uuid" 8.32 in the list anymore.

Unfortunalety I cannot reproduce the issue, so I'm not very sure.

When the bug will get fixed (with a new pac cli version) you will need to revert these changes by

- pac use latest

- npm install pcf-start@latest

Hope it helps!

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

DavidJen
Microsoft
Microsoft

@zohaibukhan you're seeing 2 issues:
the second issue when running 'npm run start' (error: package subpath .v4 is not found) has a known mitigation by, for now, pinning pcf-start to 1.6.6 (as @DianaBirkelbach already correctly pointed out, thx!). We're working on a release with a hotfix to address that one).

Your first issue (self-signed cert in chain): I couldn't reproduce that error either; my original error hypothesis was, your local env might have a fiddler self-signed cert in the cert store? But even with fiddler's https debug certs in my cert store, I couldn't reproduce.
I'm filing a bug on our end to at least handle this failure to upload telemetry more gracefully. 

HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

This should be fixed with the latest update on the pac CLI which has the hotfix for this issue 

>> pac install latest

>> pac use latest

1.7.3 (Latest)

revert if you have made change to package.json for pcf-start 

"pcf-start""^1"

>> npm install pcf-start@latest

Let me know if there are any questions. 

Thanks,

Hemant 

6 REPLIES 6
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @zohaibukhan , 

It seems to be an issue with the pac 1.7.2. (I cannot reproduce it myself, but a lot of devs have it).

Until a newer version of "pac cli" will be released, you could try to go back to an older version.

pac use

will list all the versions you have installed. If you have the 1.6.6 installed, switch to it_

pac use 1.6.6

If you have only the 1.7.2 installed, you could install  the 1.6.6 version by using:

pac install 1.6.6

For the "build" issue, if you still have it after downgrading the "pac version", maybe it helps to disable the telemetry

pac telemetry disable

Hope it helps!
Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Thanks @DianaBirkelbach for the reply. Appreciated! 

I followed the steps and switch to pac use 1.6.6 (as its installed on my machine). But, that exception is still haunting. 😓

DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

Hi @zohaibukhan , 

My bad. Downgrading tha pac cli would help only if you create the project again after that.

For existing projects, try to downgrade

npm install pcf-start@1.6.5

After that, using "npm list" you shoudn't see an "uuid" 8.32 in the list anymore.

Unfortunalety I cannot reproduce the issue, so I'm not very sure.

When the bug will get fixed (with a new pac cli version) you will need to revert these changes by

- pac use latest

- npm install pcf-start@latest

Hope it helps!

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------

DavidJen
Microsoft
Microsoft

@zohaibukhan you're seeing 2 issues:
the second issue when running 'npm run start' (error: package subpath .v4 is not found) has a known mitigation by, for now, pinning pcf-start to 1.6.6 (as @DianaBirkelbach already correctly pointed out, thx!). We're working on a release with a hotfix to address that one).

Your first issue (self-signed cert in chain): I couldn't reproduce that error either; my original error hypothesis was, your local env might have a fiddler self-signed cert in the cert store? But even with fiddler's https debug certs in my cert store, I couldn't reproduce.
I'm filing a bug on our end to at least handle this failure to upload telemetry more gracefully. 

HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

This should be fixed with the latest update on the pac CLI which has the hotfix for this issue 

>> pac install latest

>> pac use latest

1.7.3 (Latest)

revert if you have made change to package.json for pcf-start 

"pcf-start""^1"

>> npm install pcf-start@latest

Let me know if there are any questions. 

Thanks,

Hemant 

zohaibukhan
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @DianaBirkelbach @DavidJen @HemantG for the reply.

Earlier, I was trying to do the steps on the corporate machine which may have some policies which are hindering to finish them successfully.

Later, I tried those steps on my personal machine with the sugggestions provided above by rock-stars and it went smoothly. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,874)