cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DianaBirkelbach
Super User
Super User

PCF type Dataset: searchQuickFindSearch option

When creating a PCF of type dataset, we can use "cds-data-set-options" attribute, to define CommandBar, ViewSelector, QuickFindSearch. 

What is the right option for display the search input? (This options are not exactly documented; I've found only the example below)

I tried using "displayQuickFindSearch:true" as specified in the documentation example: data-set documentation 

<data-set name="dataSetGrid" display-name-key="DataSetGridProperty" cds-data-set-options="displayCommandBar:true;displayViewSelector:true;displayQuickFindSearch:true">
 </data-set>

but the input for search was shown only in home-view and in the related view, but NOT in a subgrid, even if I customized the subgrid to show the search box

image.png

I remember that I've seen that already working, and I found out that a few months ago I used displayquickfind:true

<data-set name="dataset1" display-name-key="Dataset_Display_Key1" cds-data-set-options="displayCommandBar:true;displayViewSelector:true;displayquickfind:true"/>

This one ("displayquickfind:true") still works in all cases: home grid, related view and subgrid.

Is it the documentation wrong? Or this option has changed  but is not fixed everywhere?

What should I use for now?

Best regards,

Diana

Kind regards,
Diana
----------
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."
3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Super User
Super User

Not to overcomplicate things, but I want to add a bit to the confusion around this feature: cds-data-set-options seems to do absolutely nothing for a PCF in a canvas app; true or false on all params, there seems to be no resulting impact I can perceive.

I am not sure I would actually want it to do anything for canvas app applications--mind you--but it is a bit confusing that the feature is there and does nothing. Seems like this needs to be flushed out a bit, or at least documented.

VinnyBasile

@DianaBirkelbach 

The approach worked for me, thank you for share!

The unique scenario where it isn't work is a view into a dashboard.

VinnyBasile_1-1592756375230.png

Result

VinnyBasile_0-1592756260513.png

HemantG
Power Apps
Power Apps

Sorry for late update, this was recently reported too.

The documentation needed update and it should be "displayQuickFind" and not "displayQuickFindSearch".

"displayQuickFindSearch" is not referenced in code any place so seems this was typo. 

thanks,

Hemant 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (964)