cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cchannon
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Possible bug in 9.2 - deprecated Assign event firing again

One of our dev environments just got the 9.2 release from Wave 1 and we're seeing unexpected behavior.

This environment has plugins that manage ownership and used to fire on the Update and Assign events, however Assign has been deprecated for quite some time and we've been running smoothly with the plugins only registered against Update, which was picking up all UI Assign operations.

However, with the new 9.2 release in our org, UI Assign operations (i.e. the Assign button) are once again hitting the Assign event instead of Update.

Is this intentional? Is MSFT Backing away from deprecating the Assign event, or is this a bug in the release? I should note that I ran the solution checker just to validate and it does flag my test Assign plugin steps as deprecated...

3 REPLIES 3
Magesoe
Advocate I
Advocate I

The assign button has always sent an Assign request. But as part of the deprecation the assign request would also send an update request, so it would look like.

Assign pre

Update pre

Update post

Assign post

I don't know if something has changed with the new release, but it might be that a new change you made does not function with the quirk above

cchannon
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

We've made no changes to the code. We used to catch the Update Pre, but it simply does not fire any more when hitting the Assign button from the UI.

cchannon
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

...specifically the Update PreValidate

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (42,340)