cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Post Import Solution Package Activities

Hi All,

I have a multi-environment tenant where I have created a solution which has a Canvas App and the Button Triggered Flow.

In the Development Environment, the App works fine. I then Export the app and Import it in the new environment name Pre-UAT.

I then edited the App in the Pre-UAT environment to make the connection to the flow. But since on the button click, i have a very complex formulas/ conditions from which the flow call is made. To make a connection to a flow from an App, i need to Add the Flow. When i add the flow, the existing formula is replaced with the flow name for e.g. "MyFlow.Run(...".

I would like to know how can i make a connection to the flow with loosing the formula which in a OnSelect Event of the button.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Post Import Solution Package Activities

Hi,

If the original button that calls the flow looks broken, you can add another button and add the flow from there.
Adding the flow from another button will fix the issue on the button that has the complex formula, so it won't be replaced with "MyFlow.Run(...".

Then, you can simply delete the new button.

Mari_0-1600360756631.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

If the original button that calls the flow looks broken, you can add another button and add the flow from there.
Adding the flow from another button will fix the issue on the button that has the complex formula, so it won't be replaced with "MyFlow.Run(...".

Then, you can simply delete the new button.

Mari_0-1600360756631.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What @Mari says may seem a little wonky but it's the best way I've found to do things.  I have 3 environments and utilize Azure Dev Ops Pipelines to move things around but still have to go in and fix the flows :(.  Doing a manual export/import works better in my experience.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Mari,

This help to fix the connection issue but it will be really difficult as @Rivius mentioned to perform this task in all environments.

@Rivius , Even after doing manual Export and Import, we have to re-connect the flows. 😞

I hope Microsoft comes up with a fix on the highest priority for this issue.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I know the landscape changes constantly but I have done a manual export from one environment and imported into a clean different environment with success on PowerApp triggered flows.  Subsequent pipeline solution export/imports did not however.  One day we'll have a 1 button deploy!!

Highlighted

Hey bud,
I want to transport one app between two different environments with Azure CI/CD pipelines. Can you please suggest me how can I accomplish that?
Regards.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,773)