Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power Platform Build Tool - Solution Upgrade and Remove Solution Missing

@Shan-Mcarthur 

Thanks for your response.

As per your suggestion, if we use whole or base solution for deployment instead of patch, I dont see the scenario to use patch.

As most of the customers wants to implement  Devops for power platform projects, Will Microsoft remove patch concept in feature release? 

Thanks,

Suga

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

We are not planning on removing patches, but their use in the future will be much lower once the other improvements I am talking about are done.  I don't want folks to jump to the conclusion that we are removing something.  I want them to understand that we are investing in ways to make standard solution actions simple and effective without customers needing to jump into really complex things like patching.  You will be able to achieve the same things that drive you today to use patching by using a standard solution in the future without needing to use patching.  This is NOT saying that we are deprecating patching.

Highlighted

@Shan-Mcarthur any chance the "Upgrade Solution" option is being added to the Power Platform Build Tools (maybe as an option on Import Solution)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,875)