cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sugaprakash
Frequent Visitor

Power Platform Build Tool - Solution Upgrade and Remove Solution Missing

Hi,

Solution Upgrade and Remove Solution components are missing in power platform tools. 

Do we have any idea when we get this feature released?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

@Shan-Mcarthur 

Thanks for your response.

As per your suggestion, if we use whole or base solution for deployment instead of patch, I dont see the scenario to use patch.

As most of the customers wants to implement  Devops for power platform projects, Will Microsoft remove patch concept in feature release? 

Thanks,

Suga

We are not planning on removing patches, but their use in the future will be much lower once the other improvements I am talking about are done.  I don't want folks to jump to the conclusion that we are removing something.  I want them to understand that we are investing in ways to make standard solution actions simple and effective without customers needing to jump into really complex things like patching.  You will be able to achieve the same things that drive you today to use patching by using a standard solution in the future without needing to use patching.  This is NOT saying that we are deprecating patching.

coreyobrien
Regular Visitor

@Shan-Mcarthur any chance the "Upgrade Solution" option is being added to the Power Platform Build Tools (maybe as an option on Import Solution)?

I understand it introduces complexity in managing source control if we are following the patches approach.

But how do we rollback the changes from production if we go with the upgrade deployment approach.

When we upgrade the solution, there is a just single layer for the solution. What if we want to restore the previous version of the solution if something goes wrong?
And also is there any way to deploy the components partially without deploying the entire solution which may introduce bugs in production.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,697)