cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Power Platform Build tools for azure Devops Pipeline Canvas App not able to play after import of Solution

We are experimenting with the new Power Platform Build tools for azure devops pipelines but we're experiencing an issue we can't seem to wrap our brains around.
We've set up the service principal and other necessary authentication. When we are using the who am i build job in the pipeline it's working perfectly. So next step we made a simple canvas app and put this in a solution. After publishing everything we exported the solution (we've tried to export it both as a managed and unmanaged solution). We've put the zip file in a repository and added the build step to import the solution in our environment.
The job finished successfully and the solution is imported. In the solution the canvas app is shown but when clicking on it we end up in the app overview and we are not able to play the app or do anything with it.
If we export the solution as a unmanaged solution and then import it manually we are seeing the same result as mentioned above, when we are exporting the solution as a managed solution and then import it manually things do seem to work and we can use the app. But when using the build task we are always getting the same result. We've tried to add the publish all customizations job to the pipeline but this didn't seem to change things too. We've tried importing it as a managed solution or unmanaged solution but this also didn't seem to make a difference. We've tried to export the solution using the pipeline and using this version which was exported for our import but als this didn't make a difference.
Is there someone out there who can tell us what is going wrong? If needed I can provide parts of the yaml code or the exported files etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Power Platform Build tools for azure Devops Pipeline Canvas App not able to play after import of Solution

Thank you for the response. I just found out a day or so ago that if we change the authentication to username and password instead of SPN that it works. A collegue of me then found out that if we change the owner of the powerapp after it was imported to a useraccount instead of a SPN that the problem is also resolved. So it seems we've found a solution already.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Power Platform Build tools for azure Devops Pipeline Canvas App not able to play after import of Solution

Hello @leo_visser 

This issue was related here by the member: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Importing-exporting-solutions-with-Azure-Dev...

He has the same issue, My advice was to create a MS ticket to verify the behavior since we have two different one from UI vs Pipeline.

To submit your next support request, check out our new Dynamics 365 Help + Support Portal.  The portal is easy to use and provides a support experience tailored to the needs of Dynamics customers. Dynamics 365 administrators can access the portal at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com.

Thank you

Highlighted

Thank you for the response. I just found out a day or so ago that if we change the authentication to username and password instead of SPN that it works. A collegue of me then found out that if we change the owner of the powerapp after it was imported to a useraccount instead of a SPN that the problem is also resolved. So it seems we've found a solution already.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi,

I am also, trying to replicate the same functionality. Could you please tell me that, what is the "Server URL", you have used to create the "Service Connection" with username and password on Azure DevOps? Is it "https://powerapps.microsoft.com/" only?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi, I understand that, I need to use the Dynamics 365 url only for the canvas applications as well. thank you.

Highlighted

Yes indeed for the server url you want to take that url. You can also find it in the powerapp admin center. When I started the default envirioment I was using didn't have a database so I couldn't get this url. But if you make a database the url for the server will be shown and you can then see it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,058)