Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khoait
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power Platform CLI paportal upload Error

Hi,

I encountered the below error with the latest Power Platform CLI to upload portal configuration from local folder.

khoait_0-1628267774329.png

I couldn't find any thing related on Google. Could anyone advise?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your response.

I found out that this is because of the Power Platform CLI versions. The portal configurations in source control was downloaded with a previous version, when I tried to upload them back, I had updated the CLI to a newer version.

Luckily, I could run paportal to download the portal configurations to a different folder, and compare with the ones in source control, and copied over the configurations for polling options. Then I could upload it again.

This is why we need to be careful with preview feature!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cchannon
Super User
Super User

Well, the error seems pretty specific. In your No.polloption yaml file  it encountered an error trying to read the document because it expected a node called SequenceStart and instead found MappingStart.

I would take a look at that yaml file, and any others that are reasonably similar and successfully deploy to try to see if somehow this yml got messed up somehow and is missing a parent node or something like that.

Thanks for your response.

I found out that this is because of the Power Platform CLI versions. The portal configurations in source control was downloaded with a previous version, when I tried to upload them back, I had updated the CLI to a newer version.

Luckily, I could run paportal to download the portal configurations to a different folder, and compare with the ones in source control, and copied over the configurations for polling options. Then I could upload it again.

This is why we need to be careful with preview feature!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,627)