cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesyang
Helper I
Helper I

PowerApps CLI - running in docker?

Can anyone share how to run PowerApps CLI in docker? 

Can PowerApps PCF development and DevOps been done ins MacOS and Linux servers?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@jamesyang- PCF CLI is not cross platform, so you won't be able to use that in a container anyway. I use Remote Containers extension (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers), along with dev containers. The Docker image is mcr.microsoft.com/vscode/devcontainers/typescript-node:0-12. But, none of this works at the moment due to the issue I mentioned earlier. @HemantG might be able to shed some more light on this.

image.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rajyraman
MVP

@jamesyang- There is an issue with pcf-scripts at the moment, which means that you cannot use Linux containers. Below is the error I get if I use devcontainers. Until this is fixed on the pcf-scripts package, you won't be able to use containers. If you use a Mac, you can use Office 365 CLI to work with PCF.

image.png

@rajyramanThank you!

i use mac. i am having issues to run .net Framework container. would you share your Docker

i have tried both latest and sdk4.8 in my Dockerfile, but still getting errors in mac when building the docker.

#FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/framework/sdk:4.8
FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/framework/sdk:latest

what docker image do you use? would you share some details of your Dockerfile for installing .net and pcf?

thanks

@jamesyang- PCF CLI is not cross platform, so you won't be able to use that in a container anyway. I use Remote Containers extension (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-vscode-remote.remote-containers), along with dev containers. The Docker image is mcr.microsoft.com/vscode/devcontainers/typescript-node:0-12. But, none of this works at the moment due to the issue I mentioned earlier. @HemantG might be able to shed some more light on this.

image.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,859)