cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chigivigi08
Regular Visitor

PowerApps Component Framework Authenticating REST API Call from ServerBackEnd Web Api

I have a completed ServerBackEnd Web Api that receives requests from a frontend web application and returns a response for them.

My ServerBackend uses JWT Bearer tokens.

The purpose of my PCF is to replace the the frontend web application and send authorized requests to the backend.

I would like to avoid working in React as I am unfamiliar with the language and it would take too long to make a proof of concept.

Is there a way to authenticate those request inside the PCF without it ?

I made successful get request that did not require a bearer token using the fetch method inside PCF.

2 REPLIES 2
ben-thompson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can create a PCF component that doesn't use React (most of mine don't)

But I suspect your biggest issue won't be React is will be CORS - Cross-Origin Resource Sharing which may course you problems if you can't get the headers set correctly https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/CORS

And if that's an issue the way I've got round CORS issues is to create a action within you PowerApp ...

If however CORS isn't an issue https://medium.com/better-programming/authentication-and-authorization-using-jwt-with-node-js-4099b2...

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

I am using Azure AD authentication for my ServerBackend API.

I apologize for not mentioning it earlier.

So a JWT Token needs to come from there. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (3,416)